Checklist - Is your CV ready?
Tick off what you have done!
Do your research
- Have you identified the skills and qualities needed for the job?
- Have you looked at the employer's website?
- Have you obtained advice from friends, tutors, people in the industry?
- If an employer rejected your application, did you ask for feedback?
Create Visual impact
- Do the design elements help your strengths stand out without being distracting?
- Is your CV attention grabbing? Would it stand out from a pile of applications?
- Does the look of the CV show your style and creative abilities?
Target the job
- Have you provided evidence that you have the skills and qualities needed for the position?
- Are you being honest? Can all statements be backed up?
- Is it concise? Have you only selected information that is relevant to the position?
- Does the order of the sections help your best selling points to stand out?
- Is your design consistent in terms of alignment, spacing, etc.?
- Does it photocopy well? Is it emailable?
- Is the style and language appropriate for the employer / industry?
All contents © copyright Creative Careers